Lesson 1: The get passive
In the normal passive, we use 'be + past participle'.
- Active: Susie kissed the baby.
- Normal passive: The baby was kissed by Susie.
We can also make the passive with 'get', instead of 'be'. We put the verb 'get' into whichever tense we need and then add the past participle.
- Get passive: The baby got kissed by Susie.
The get passive is more informal than the normal passive. We often use the get passive to talk about bad things.
- She's going to get fired.
- He's always getting told off.
- My bag got stolen.